Make this quick and easy, SCRUMPTIOUS, naughty but nice caramel shortbread.
- 1.5 cups of plain flour
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tins of ready made caramelised condensed milk/condensed milk
- Chocolate bar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 125g unsalted baking butter
I purchased all of my ingredients for less than £4 at Aldi. I like a quick fix as I’m always busy so I bought the ready caramalised condensed milk at only 89p. This is a Special product in Aldi and is only available periodically so I stock up when I can. As far as ready made caramel goes it is one of the best I’ve tried and you can’t go wrong for 89p! Plus you don’t have to faff around with a steaming hot, boiled tin and dread opening it because it’s not as caramalised as you like. The chocolate bar was from Aldi too and they are only 30p each. A lot of bakers use this chocolate and it is highly recommended.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix
- Add the butter ( I prefer to melt mine first) You’re after a nice dough like consistency
- Flatten the mix in a butter lined baking tray (mine is roughly 35x20cm) prick with a fork
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20mis or until golden brown and allow to cool
- Spread the caramel evenly over the base (without eating too much)
- Melt the chocolate and scatter it randomly over the whole tray and add sprinkles, kids love this part especially because of the mess and they can lick the remaining chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set in fridge
Please leave a comment or like this post.