Who doesn’t love coming home to a steaming bowl of home made soup? I know I do, here’s a cheap, quick and tasty recipe.
- 1800ml chicken stock (ready made or home made)
- Cheap chicken cuts (Aldi chicken thighs £1.69) I used 4.
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onions to your preference
- Add onions, chicken and stock to slow cooker
- Cook on high for 2.5-3hours
- Remove chicken, ensuring it’s cooked through
- Shred chicken, taking care to remove bones and return to the cooker
- Grate the carrots and add
- Cook on low for 1-1.5hours
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This is a firm favourite in my household and it is so quick and easy to make. I love being able to toss everything in the slow cooker and just getting on with the rest of my day. I often add rice to this soup to bulk it out a little and add flavour. We love it and I hope you do too.
What is your favourite slow cooker recipe? Leave a note in the comment below.