This was the first card I made in well over a year so it is just a simple one. I made this using the free papers from the “Debbi Moore Bringing Inspiration to You” magazine, issue 24. I have only just discovered this magazine and I honestly wish I had known about this magazine from issue one as the free papers are excellent quality and you get a whole CD-ROM too. The magazines themselves are fabulous and have a lovely feel and the instructions for the projects are so easy to follow.
For this card I used:
- 8″x8″ white scalloped card blank
- Fake Kraft card (A4 brown folder)
- Double sided tape
- Red double sided tape
- Free papers form Debbi Moore Bringing Inspiration to You Magazine
- Glossy Accents
- Pale Blue Ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Foam pads
- Clevercut 5 in 1 Trimmer
- Using the Clevercut trim the A4 brown folder so that it will fit centrally on the blank leaving an even border around the edge. Round the corners using the corner rounder on the Clevercut.
- Using the same method as above and trim and round the free teal paper and attach using double sided tape.
- To form form the decorative strip at the bottom of the card, trim the fake kraft card so that it sits flush with the teal paper about 2 inches wide. Trim the free blue flower paper so that it fits flush to the edge of the strip but leaving a border at the top and bottom. Attach near the bottom of the card as shown.
- Using red double sided tape affix the ribbon to the left hand side of card as shown. Make a bow and attach using hot glue gun. Using double sided tape attach all of this to the blank.
- Cut out the teal owl topper, “sister” and “Hoo-ray it’s your birthday” sentiments and mount these to the fake kraft paper.
- Stick the topper and sentiments to the card as shown.
- Cut out the flower embellishment and stick using a foam pad to the top right corner of the owl topper.
- Finish the card by using Glossy Accents on the owls eyes.